Thursday 21 November 2013

Jo and I Ran the 58th park run in Woodley

Park run is an amazing organisation, there are free 5k runs all over the country and in a number of other countries. We have 2 near us in Reading and Woodley, Jo and I always say we are going to run them more regularly but have not managed as many as we would have liked.

Jo and I did run the last park run in Woodley, as readers of this blog will be aware Jo is a much better runner than me and is incredible, but at this park run I felt really good and Jo was never that far ahead and nearing the end of the run we were overtaking a runner which confused things and I ended up ahead of Jo and finished 2 seconds ahead of Jo, it was a PB for both Jo and I but Jo was not happy saying I had used her for her pacing, I defended myself to no avail, the same thing has happened once before but I tried to say it was different this time but Jo was not having of it. Jo did finish first lady.

The park run is run by a fantastic group of volunteers and one writes a piece about each weekly run which goes on the website. Jo and I's finish did make the news, with a picture of Jo included. there is a link below to the article.

http://www.parkrun.org.uk/woodley/news/

No comments:

Post a Comment