Friday 21 July 2017

Long over due update

I am rubbish at updating. I am all booked in for Yorkshire marathon on 8th October. I have started training I am up to 7 miles. It is very different this time round. It is my first marathon for 2 years plus and my first since have back operation, and my Wife and I having twin boys.


I am finding it much harder this time round one reason  is that I have been very luck in the past to be able to do all my training with people, this time I am having to run on my own which I find very hard, I also have to run when I have time not when I feel like running. It is a very different experience one I am enjoying but finding hard. My life has changed so much since I started this journey. My brother Ian never met my wife and never got to meet my two amazing boys he would have been a fantastic Uncle to them. we are in touch with his wife Angela and she is a brilliant Auntie to Harry and Alfie although we are all busy and she has qualified as a nurse and works in A&E, my brother would be so proud of how she has done and what she has achieved. it means a lot to me that we are still in touch.


I am not sure how long this challenge will take now but I am determined to complete my A-Z in memory of my brilliant Brother Ian  and raise as much money and awareness of the brain tumour charity as possible.

2 comments:

  1. Well done Matthew in restarting your marathon running especially after thinking two years ago that you would not be able to run another marathon. We are very proud of you. We will put £100 on your Just Giving account Good luck when you run the York marathon Lots love Mum & Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Many thanks for your message and your continued support. The money put on my just giving page is really appreciated. It is amazing that we can as a family remember Ian and help raise money and awareness for such an important charity that is close to our hearts x

    ReplyDelete