Tuesday 7 September 2021

Letter J finally completed YEAH

 My letter J marathon has been one I thought I might never do. originally it was going to be Jersey but that is when I had a slipped disc and at one point I thought I would never run again. So J marathon was put on hold but I wanted to finish on Z so I needed to run my letter J, I decided on Jurassic coast marathon, it is a very hard 3 day event with a marathon each day along the Jurassic coast  from Charmouth to Shell Bay Swanage. You can run all three days or just do one. I decided to do day 2 Portland ferry Road to lulworth cove. I trained then covid stopped the event, then it was planned again so I trained and covid stopped the event again so I trained again and this time it went ahead on 24th July. I was very nervous, the training had not gone well, plus I live in a very flat area. on the day it could not have gone any better, it started out very grey and a bit wet but ended out being very hot. I ended up running most of the way with an amazing lady called Shelley. It was self navigating and on Portland we kept taking wrong turns, we had trackers so people could log on and see where we were, her husband kept ringing her phone when we took a wrong turn, at one point she said over the phone with a smile 'can you just let us get lost' Below are some photos taken on the day.








I did mot manage to get a photo at the end, It was such a lovely run I was very lucky with the weather as it got out hot I had not taken any sun tan lotion at one point I ran past a lady who was giving out sun lotion to her family, I asked if I could have some and then put my hand under the bottle and got some much needed sun lotion, Shelley who I was running with said 'She did not want to give you any did she' we both smiled as we ran away. We finished in 7 hours which I was really chuffed with. Now only Z left, most likely Zagreb in 2022

No comments:

Post a Comment