Sunday 13 March 2011

My D done YEAH!!!!

              The view from the beach in Portreath, looking back towards my B&B, on the morning of the run
                                                                A garden in Portreath
                                          Cliff house B&B, where I stayed highly recommended
Taken during the Duchy marathon, runners with pink numbers were doing 20 miles, it was a 2 lap course, on the second lap, the 20 milers took a different course, so it was very lonely especially around the 14-20 mile mark, which is when it is hard going anyway
    Me at the finish showing off my medal, being flanked by security to make sure I did not cause any trouble
There was a village at the 7 and 14 mile point (2 lap course) called park bottom, I thought I had got a picture of the sign, but when I got home it was not there, I must have not pressed the button, I was upset, Jo thought I was being silly, she suggested making a sign up, which I thought was a great second best and made me smile.

I recommend this marathon and the 20 mile, it was a friendly event and well organised, people cycled the route offering support. which was really appreciated in the last 6 miles. the weather was fantastic, I thought I would complete the marathon between 3 1/2 and 4 hours, and I managed 3:32 which I was pleased with. It was a long way to go. It helped me get round knowing I was doing it for a good cause, and that it was one more letter completed in my alphabet of marathons

No comments:

Post a Comment